Monday 25 October 2010

Linking jobs with ambitions

So as the main part of my research I've had to do some primary research to create a mini database of jobs and ambitions of my family so that I can contrast them. For some reason even though they are my family its hard to get hold of them half the time so here's the start of my research.


Great Nan - currently retired - wanted to be
Grandad - currently retired - wanted to be
Nan - currently retired - wanted to be
Mother - currently working as a cooperate fund-raiser for a children's hospice - wanted to be a
Father - currently a financial advisor/ wibo-man - wanted to be
Uncle - currently a driving instructor - wanted to be
Auntie - currently a teacher - wanted to be
Sister - working for a charity called Kidz in London - wanted to be
Sister (2) - currently working in a nursing home/ attending 6th form - wants to be a fire fighter
Cousin - currently a housewife (if that's how you phrase it these days?!) - wanted to be a footballer
Cousin (2) - currently a tree surgeon - wanted to be
Second Cousin - just started primary school - wants to be
Second Cousin (2) - under the age of 5, may no use
Second Cousin (3) - under the age of 5, may no use
Second Cousin (4) - under the age of 5, may no use


I'm still not sure on whether to do all of them and also to perhaps look at members of my family who have passed away but to make the images slightly different to the others so there is a hint that they are not in the family any more. These are all ideas that I'm still playing with. Also whether or not I should include all of my second cousins as 3 of them most likely don't know what they want to do.


In the way of presentation I was thinking of perhaps displaying the images in the form of a family tree. Also I still plan on using square format, I am going to look into borrowing a medium format camera from uni or my friend - I shall be shooting on Portra 160NC as I have 5 films left over and am on a money saving mission at the moment, hello student life!

No comments:

Post a Comment