Tuesday 19 October 2010

Post tutorial banter...

So after a lovely and fun tutorial with Tom and the gang today I feel as though I've almost knuckled down to one idea... crazy, I know! Pretty much another radical change in ideas but here goes...


Same initial idea of highlighting ambitions through the generations except now I'm going to be highlighting my families ambitions through the generations seeing as the age groups vary from 3 years old to 99 years old! Should make for some interesting costume and prop changes! The low down of the images I took before was that there wasn't enough tension and there was no contrasting point being put across by the images I tried with the road...


I'm going to now create self-environmental portraitures of my family, with me posing as my sister, mum, dad etc. I'm going to try to colaberate with a make up/ costume designer from LCF so that hopefully I'll get it done for free in return for some prints! Yippee!


So a basis for the photograph... picture this for example. A standard enviromental portrait of me infront dressed in a suite to highlight my dads profession as a financial advisor but framed within a mechanics garage with a spanner in my hand... best of both worlds. I am going to caption the images 'Clive, Financial Advisor' or something along those lines to highlight that what you see isn't in fact reality at all. Its two contrasting job ambitions captured within one image.


I'm still going to use the square format and if I get inducted with the camera shop at uni then I'll use medium format as I've got a bit of Portra 160NC kicking around my fridge, but if not I'll go with my DSLR and experiment with film further on in the year.


I'll keep you posted on research, nigggght. Time for some John Mayer and a cup of green tea, LUSH. x x

No comments:

Post a Comment