Monday 18 October 2010

Test shoot!

Finally took some test shots for my project this weekend, here yaaar!




I definatly prefer the top image for the framing and closer relation to the subject. When I shoot these images properly I think I'm going to use a dab of flash to make the subject stand out more - simular to Rineke Dijkstra's work of Teenagers on the beach. I shot these on f/22 so I might knock that down a few stops too to really make her stand out - as much as the road is an important part of the image.

“Photography, as we all know, is not real at all. It is an illusion of reality with which we create our own private world.” - Arnold Newman

Test shot for my first BA project, the title of the project is Reality. I'm looking at the way the viewer makes their own reality of the images they see by creating simple constructed portraits with the use of props. I'm going to create 4-10 images of the same person holding different props but framed in the same environment to show different ambitions of different people from different generations when they were young.

The idea being that the sitter can look at the images and then look closer to observe what the subject is holding to make assumptions of what they're ambition is. By me using the same person in all my shots it creates confusion so the audience don't know which is the reality.

The idea of looking at different generations ambitions when young is just a point to explore through my photography. To see if there is a direct difference over time about children's ambitions and ideas about what they want to do with their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment