Tuesday 12 October 2010

Post proposal tutorial...

Monday the 11th was my first group tutorial for my project reality. The tutorial was in the afternoon and my assigned tutor is Tom Hunter. I learnt quite a lot about my work, where I need to look into and also more about the abilities and ideas of my class mates.


Started out by reading the brief out and after that we had to read out as written our proposals - two things I hate doing, but will have to bite the bullet and get on with. 


The main points that came from my idea was that it needs broadening, the basic idea is there but suggestions were brought up. A suggesting was to represent abitions and realities of what a selection of people wanted to be when they were say 5 years old or 13 years old. Representing crucial ages. After thinking about ages there are 'milestone' ages so prehaps look into those a bit more. 


After coming home and moaning for a couple of hours about how horrible it was I was thinking about how I could frame my images and where to take them. 



  • Keep using the same character throughout the 4 - 6 images (but could take up to 20)
  • Use costumes and props
  • Possibly set the environment to be an open road - the idea being that by representing the different paths people could have taken if the had stuck to their ambitions though clothes the open road behind them suggests that anything could happen
  • Use captions eg. 'John (11/05/1956), age 5, astronaut' except the difference is its all the same person. Some how I'd like to encouperate their DOB as I feel it would interuge the viewer, I don't want them to get bored of looking.
  • Make the character in the images middle aged - idea that they have most likely made the career decisions so they could represent a large amount of people
  • When asking people their ambitions ask a wide age range of people to see whether they differ from generation. 
I'll add more points when I can be bummed to! Lovee xx

No comments:

Post a Comment